** This post may contain affiliate/referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services.**
If you live in The South you know “salad sandwiches” are a staple food. Whether it’s egg, chicken, or tuna salad sandwiches, it is an essential Southern dietary staple. It’s the perfect Spring & Summer food for picnics and always makes me nostalgic for those days with my family driving up the mountain to Wolf Pen.
A few weeks ago someone at work mentioned their famous chicken salad and I was thinking about how good that sounded. It’s about that time of the year! I occasionally eat chicken, but I was instantly inspired to try to “veganize” this. I asked her generally what she included and I think what I came up with was pretty darn inspiring.
I had also recently ordered some Butler’s Soy Curls on Amazon and I’ve been playing around with different ways to use them. They come packaged and dried. You need to soak the soy curls in water for about 10 minutes to rehydrate and then cook them. I’ve used it instead of tofu like in my Orange Sauce Tofu with Broccoli & Potatoes recipe. I’m having a blast finding all the ways I can utilize this product!
With this vegan “chicken” salad recipe you can change up the ingredients a bit. You can use all fresh herbs, or all dried. I loved how easy and fast this way. It was also great the next day! Give it a try and be sure to tag me on social media @workhardeatkind so I can see your wonderful creations! I’ll also leave a direct link to where you can find this product in the recipe.
Vegan Chicken Salad
- Butler Soy Curls, 8 oz. Bags (Pack of 3)
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- Splash of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Celery Flakes
- 1-2 Diced Green Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil Spray
- Dave’s Killer Bread
- Add your soy curls into a bowl with enough water to cover it and allow it to soak for at least 10 minutes.
- When it is soaked and soft you can add it into a skillet with a little bit of olive oil spray to prevent sticking. Cook until it is warmed through and starting to brown on the edges.
- Put your soy curls in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients making sure to taste as you go.
- Put on your favorite sandwich bread (or croissant if you can find vegan ones) and enjoy!
- No… Seriously. That’s it. We’re done. Go eat!