*This post contains Amazon affiliate links. See the end of this post for further disclosure.*
Many years ago as I began discovering the wonders of paleo and gluten free baking, I happened upon a recipe for “butter cookies.” Of course, for a paleo recipe you would use grass-fed butter. One day I decided that I was really craving cookies and I wanted to make a better choice.
I think that we all get cravings from time to time. In that moment we have three choices. The hardest choice being to just ignore it and try to have the iron fortitude of a ninja warrior. (Don’t we all have that? No?) We can indulge and buy whatever random cookie we happen upon. Or we can try and make our own in a ‘healthier’ manner.
I made a good sized batch for these cookies and took them to work with me! Only one person didn’t like them and honestly… I question their ability to taste things. If you’ve been missing a delicious, satisfying cookie recipe… You may just have found one! If you try it out, do be sure to tag me on social media! You can find a Facebook LIVE video of us here!
Lemon & Mint (Vegan) Butter Cookies
- 2 1/2 Cup Blanched Almond Flour (Try something like this Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour, 16-ounce (Pack of 4))
- 1/2 Teaspoon Finely Ground Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup or Bee Free Honee, Original 12 oz (Plant Based & Vegan)
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Packed Teaspoon of Organic Lemon Zest
- A sprinkle of Dried Mint.
- Add the almond flour and salt into a food processor and pulse to mix.
- Pulse in the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
- Carefully roll out the dough onto a parchment or aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Flatten into about a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Put this into the freezer for approximately 15 to 30 minutes.
- Cut each cookie with a 2″ cookie cutter.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 7 minutes. They may be a little soft, but don’t worry. Let them set for at least 1 minute on the baking pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Let them cool for a few minutes then enjoy!
- These lasted really great in a container and tasted great even a few days later.
*Further Disclosure: The links and banners on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you were to click and make a purchase, I would receive a small percentage of monetary benefit. This is a great way to help support my blogging efforts at no extra cost to you. However, your support, regardless of clicking these links, is greatly appreciated.*