Today was an odd day. The thing is… It turned out to be a good day. You would have thought it should’ve been a bad day. I quit my job. Yes… I sure did. Recent events have helped me realize that life is too short to be miserable. Not that I advocate for everyone doing so. Just remember to consider changing things if you aren’t where you want to be.
One of my kids was home sick but not so sick that we didn’t enjoy ourselves. Later in the night, I was able to go to a local blogger get together. Oh, they were so kind to do vegetarian chili with all the extras on the side. I decided to make some cashew sour cream to take and share. Oh, it is usually the same Hot for Food recipe I always keep on hand in the notes on my cell phone. But today, I was out of just about everything. I was still hopeful I could pull it off. Turns out… This is the best version I’ve tried so far! I was shocked!
The best part of the day was getting to meet four awesome local bloggers at a local gallery called Art on the Green. Thank you ladies for being brave enough to taste my experiment! I hope if you give it a try too that you will enjoy.
Cashew Sour Cream (Gluten Free/Paleo/Vegan)
- 1 Cup of Raw Cashews (Soaked Overnight)
- 1/2 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk (Avoid additives like guar gum if you can.)
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- If you forgot to soak your cashews, you can always boil water and add the cashews for 10 -20 minutes (or as long as possible). I try to keep a good rotation of soaked cashews in the fridge at all times. Just remember to change out the water daily to every other day.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender. Process for a few minutes until creamy.
- Enjoy! This goes great for tacos, fajitas, chili, and more!