My very first dedicated vegan recipe is dedicated to a sweet little Bird that just happens to be dealing with a lot of food allergies, like me. I think they might just enjoy this too, because two of my kiddos inhaled it. Madison even asked if I would make this again. My youngest kiddo… Well.. He doesn’t eat much of anything these days, but I’m working on that.
This dish is so easy, you can customize it to your own likings (or kiddo’s likings). Whatever you have on hand could work. Try different vinegars, as long as they are corn free. If you weren’t aware (as I was just a few weeks ago), white distilled vinegar is corn based. Try a clean balsamic vinegar (check labels). I’ll see if in the future I can set up a page dedicated to corn free products that have worked for me.
Any hoo, here we go… Please enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to hit the follow button along with any social media you would like to follow me. I appreciate your support.
Veggie Pasta (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Here’s what you’ll need:
-Gluten Free (Corn Free) Pasta (I used Jovial Brown Rice Pasta)
-Steamable Broccoli (You can use fresh.)
-Red Bell Pepper, Diced
-Half of a Large Vidalia Onion, Diced
-2 Cloves of Garlic, Finely Minced
-Apple Cider Vinegar, Around 1-2 Tablespoons (Your preference.)
-Pink Himalayan Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Start by salting your water and bringing it to a boil. Follow the directions on the package for cooking the noodles.
- Add olive oil to a pan and sautee onions and bell pepper. Try to make sure your onions and bell peppers are around the same size so they cook for the same length of time. Add salt and pepper to taste. When they look about done, add one clove of minced garlic.
- Microwave your steam-able broccoli according to the directions on the package.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1 to 2 tablespoons of your vinegar of choice. I LOVE vinegar so feel free to try 1 tablespoon first. Add one clove of minced garlic, green onions, salt, pepper, and whisk vigorously.
- Drain your pasta when it is done and add to a large bowl. Pour about half of vinaigrette over pasta and stir.
- Add the vegetables and the remaining vinaigrette. Stir until evenly distributed.
Thank you so much for checking out my very first vegan recipe. I hope you enjoy it. If you’re here and you’re like..Ami.. I’m not vegan but I want to try this. You can add meat. I added bacon for the kiddos and the kids loved it. It also got my youngest I mentioned to at least eat most of his food. You could try anything you like, but try it vegan! You might find that you like it too!
I hope you enjoy. If you happen to try it and leave me a comment to let me know how it went. Don’t forget to come back next to see what I can throw together next.